I am an Assitant Professor with the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, a core faculty affiliate of the Center for Automotive Research, and I have a courtesy appointment with the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA.
I received my Ph.D. degree in Control Systems from Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, Islamabad, Pakistan, in 2011. My research includes controls, optimization, and diagnostics of automotive systems with a focus on their efficiency, safety, and security.
I have authored more than 100+ international peer-reviewed publications and received OSU’s Lumley Research Award in 2018, SAE’s Buckendale Award in 2019, and SAE’s Forest R. McFarland Award in 2022.
- Optimal and Learning based Control
- Machine Learning and Data Analytics
- Health monitoring, Fault Diagnosis, CyberSecurity
- Connected, Automated, and Energy Efficient Powertrain
- Highly Automated Vehicles
- Energy Efficient Fleets