Giving Back and Coming Back
You can make a positive impact on the lives of the
Learn more by contacting Debbie Schroeder, chief development officer of the College of Engineering, email@example.com or 614-247-7297.
Endowment and Scholarship Funds
Did you know? The department's first endowed scholarship was established in 1946 as the William Arthur Evens Memorial Scholarship, supporting mechanical engineering students.
Since then, many alumni and friends have setup endowments and scholarships to further the mission of the department. All funds are submitted to Ohio State’s Board of Trustees for approval. Here is a selection of high-impact endowments and scholarships:
- The largest student-aid endowment, The Ada Richardson Pressman Scholarship Fund, has provided support to more than 500 students
- The Bruce and Judy Lavash Scholarship Fund provides four annual scholarships for undergraduate students, selected based on financial need and academic merit
- The Doug Ball Endowed Aerospace Scholarship Fund supports one or more undergraduate students majoring in aerospace engineering
- The Rex and Helen Ritchie Endowed Graduate Scholarship Fund provides one or more scholarships for graduate students in mechanical and aerospace engineering
- Several funds were eligible for matching funds as part of Ohio State’s Scholarship Challenge.
We acknowledge those who have made leadership gifts to establish these endowed scholarships, supporting students who will make a difference in the engineering profession and in the world. THANK YOU!
But for Ohio State Campaign Closes
At the close of the campaign, the MAE Leadership Fund raised $283,000 in discretionary funds, providing valuable resources to support student innovation and faculty excellence. And, the Curriculum Reform Fund raised $1.1 million through the end of the campaign, supporting emerging curriculum and teaching approaches to meet the learning styles of today’s engineering students. None of this would be possible without your generosity and connection to the department and Ohio State.