The MAE Undergraduate Academic Advising team is dedicated to supporting mechanical and aerospace engineering students in their educational pursuits. The student-advisor partnership can have an important impact on a student’s academic success and we encourage students to utilize the advising resources in planning an all-around enriching educational experience here at OSU.
The Undergraduate Academic Advising Office is located in Scott Laboratory N250. Academic advisors are available during normal University hours and during academic breaks, but not during University holidays.
Meeting with an Academic Advisor
MAE Undergraduate Academic Advisors are available for in-person and remote appointments. Students who wish to discuss more complex topics such as application to the major, transfer credit, SAP appeals, or course sequencing should schedule an appointment.
Please schedule an advising appointment through OnCourse. Students can set up text and email reminders for appointments, as well as read any notes left for you by an advisor. The online scheduling system only shows available appointments for the next 10 business days. Please be aware that wait time for appointments may be up to two weeks.
You may also find that you can more quickly get your questions answered by e-mailing your advisor. Advisor contact information can be found on the right-hand side of this page.
Current OSU students who are interested in finding out more about a major in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering can schedule an appointment in OnCourse using the instructions below:
2. Click Schedule Appointment
3. Scroll down under "Service Menu" to find Other Majors
4. Choose Advising as the type of appointment and choose a service from the drop down under "Other majors". Do not choose a service for your Major or Minor.
5. Locations for other academic advisors will show; Search by location for Mech/Aero Engineering (MAE) Advising.
6. After choosing your location, times will populate for meetings with our advisors. Choose the time you would like and finish scheduling the appointment.
7. Review and confirm your appointment. Scroll to the bottom of this page and click Schedule.
It is important you click schedule or the appointment will not be scheduled with the advisor.
Students can set up text and email reminders for appointments, as well as read any notes left for you by an advisor. The online scheduling system only shows available appointments for the next 10 business days. Please be aware that wait time for appointments may be up to two weeks.
Changing Major to Pre-ME/Pre-AE
Students from other pre-majors in the College of Engineering can schedule an appointment with an advisor to change their major to pre-mechanical/pre-aerospace engineering. Students from outside the College of Engineering should first review the eligibility requirements. If eligibility requirements are met, please submit the Change to Engineering Pre-Major form.