You are here
- Home >
- Giving Back
As time brings with it many changes and challenges, some things remain the same. We are still educating the next generation of thinkers, dreamers, and innovators and making them into mechanical, aerospace and nuclear engineers! Each year the door of possibilities for our students open and we encourage them to walk through and accept the challenge. Dedicated faculty, bright students, state-of-the-art learning facilities and alumni like you help pave the way.
You can make a difference in the lives of the next generation of engineers by staying connected and engaged with the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, the College of Engineering, and The Ohio State University. Your personal support, career support, and personal interaction/mentorship will make a significant and positive impact. Have you ever thought of becoming a partner with the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering or wondered how to get involved in the dynamic and diverse Ohio State experience? Becoming a partner gives you the opportunity to address business needs, drive positive change, and give back to the community. As a partner, you will gain valuable visibility on campus as an important benefactor.
Make a difference!
Think about the alumni you interacted with as a student. Maybe it was the guest lecturer in your class or that recruiter at a career fair that conducted a mock interview with you or perhaps a mentor that helped you decide on mechanical, aerospace or nuclear engineering as your future. Remember how important and beneficial that support was to you. You can do that for another student.
Please consider supporting the educational mission of our department. Scholarships, endowed chairs, equipment donations, and capital improvement funds are just a few of the ways to give and partner. Contact Deborah Schoeder, Director of Development, to discuss the many options available to you. Sincere thanks to the alumni and friends who are making regular contributions to department gift funds.
Did You Know?
- Cash is often the most convenient form of giving. Cash gifts are fully deductible for federal income tax purposes, provided deductions are itemized.
- Pledges enable a donor to plan a personal giving program that is both convenient and tax-wise. A pledge may enable a donor to consider a more significant gift than would have otherwise been possible.
- Securities may be made as outright gifts or as a payment on a pledge. Stock certificates may be reassigned or transferred.
- Planned giving allows you to leave a legacy by making a charitable gift now or from your estate.
- Endowed funds are a dependable and perpetual source of support, since the principal is invested and only a portion of the earnings is spent annually.
- Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. To see if your company has a matching gift policy, visit the Matching Gift web area.
- Honoring a family member, friend, colleague, classmate, or faculty member with a gift is a touching way to pay tribute to that loved one.
- Alternatives to monetary gifts such as equipment or books are always appreciated
Popular Gift Funds
314225 - MAE Leadership Fund
313150 - ME Graduate Fellowship Fund
302655 - MAE Support Fund
313090 - ME Curriculum Reform Fund
310208 - MAE Scholarship Fund
313500 - AE Curriculum Reform Fund
302849 - Aeronautical Engineering Fund
306406 - NE Discretionary Fund
313164 - ME Undergraduate Scholarship Fund
313151 - ME Honors Fund