ME Capstone - Sequence C: Product Design Capstone
You will work in teams of three to four students for the entire two–semester sequence, where you will take a product idea from the initial conceptualization stage to a functional prototype at the end of Spring Semester.
The emphasis of this course is on product design, as compared to engineering design. You will be expected to complete extensive fieldwork and design research before beginning your project. Additionally, you will build several prototypes over the course of this two–semester sequence.
Capstone Sequence C – Required courses
- MECHENG 4684 Fundamentals of Product Design Engineering (4 cr hrs)
- MECHENG 4685 Product Design Capstone II (2 cr hrs)
Capstone Sequence C – Course requirements
- The product design capstone sequence begins with MECHENG 4684 in Autumn Semester.
- You will complete this capstone sequence with MECHENG 4685 in Spring Semester.
- Students who have already taken MECHENG 5682.01 (formerly MECHENG 5682) are NOT eligible for this capstone option.