Engineering Career Services (ECS) is the primary resource connecting Ohio State engineering students and employers. ECS helps graduating students to connect with employers seeking career candidates, as well as undergraduates develop the skills needed to successfully connect with employers who want to hire co-ops and interns. Unlike traditional hiring venues like the commercial job boards or online ads, the employers recruiting engineering talent through ECS are here specifically because they want to hire Ohio State engineering students—just like you.
Why should I register with ECS?
- Full use of the Handshake job search system—including being able to apply for engineering specific job postings and on-campus interview opportunities
- Inclusion in engineering employers’ resume referrals.
- Professional consultations for help with resume reviews, job search letters, your job search strategy, interview coaching, and just about any other career related concern.
- Employer networking opportunities through the Ohio State Engineering Job Shadow Program, Engineering Career Success Conference and other employer events.
- Helpful resources: a "quiet room" for telephone and video interviews, a fax machine for sending and receiving employment-related faxes, and access to the student evaluations of their prior engineering work experience.
What is ENGR 4191?
- A zero-credit course with no meeting times, whose purpose is to maintain your student status.
- The fee is billed at one half-credit hour; see the University Registrar's Student Tuition and Fee Tables for more information.
- Appears on your transcript as "Professional Experience" for each semester enrolled.
- Further information can be found here: https://ecs.osu.edu/engineering-4191.
How do I enroll in ENGR 4191?
Unlike other classes, you can't schedule 4191 yourself. ECS will enroll you in ENGR 4191 at your request.
Report your co-op or internship using the online form in your Handshake account.
Login to Handshake
Choose Career Center > Experiences > Request an Experience
Fill out the form
When asked if you would like to enroll in ENGR 4191, simply choose "yes".
You will receive an email confirmation after this request is processed and you are enrolled (it will also appear on your BuckeyeLink account).