- Mission, Objectives and Outcomes
- Undergraduate Advising
- Forms and Handbooks
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Minors and Honors
- Internships and Co-ops
- Study Abroad
- Professional Licensure and FE Exam
- Preparing for Graduate or Professional School
- MAE Undergraduate Tutoring
- Recognition, Honors, and Awards
All students need to submit an application in order to be eligible to graduate from The Ohio State University. The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering uses the College of Engineering's online application for graduation. All students are ultimately responsible for meeting all degree requirements.
Before submitting your graduation application, make sure to run a degree audit and check your progress towards these requirements. If any errors or discrepancies are found, please contact your advisor for clarification.
Applications are due one year prior to your expected graduation date.
This deadline allow us to check your plan for your last year of major coursework and make any necessary changes to your plan well before they become issues affecting your graduation. Late applications are accepted, but on-time graduation will not be guaranteed in such cases.
Students who submit their application to graduate on time benefit in two ways:
- Senior priority scheduling for the final semester before graduation.
- Verification that with courses they plan to take their final two semesters do indeed meet all requirements to graduate.Once a graduation application is approved, it is assumed that the student will follow the plan that they indicated on the application. If you deviate from your original plan, it is recommended that you see an advisor regarding the changes you've made to make sure that you are still fulfilling all graduation requirements. If you change courses but do not let an advisor know, then there is no guarantee that your new courses will be checked by an advisor until you are set to graduate, at which time it may be too late to correct any mistakes.
Further instructions for the graduation class can be found at www.commencement.osu.edu and through the College of Engineering. Graduating seniors will also receive an email from the College of Engineering during their final semester with further instructions. If you are planning to graduate but do not receive this email, contact your advisor of the College of Engineering at 292-2651.