- Mission, Objectives and Outcomes
- Undergraduate Advising
- Transfer Credit
- Forms and Handbooks
- MAE Survey (ENGR 1100.01)
- Internships and Co-ops
- Study Abroad
- Recognition, Honors, and Awards
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Capstone
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Minors and Honors
Engineering Survey Course
What is Engineering Survey (ENGR 1100.01)?
ENGR 1100.01 is a one-credit required course designed to provide all incoming first-year and transfer students a strong foundation for academic success at The Ohio State University.
Who teaches ENGR 1100.01?
Mechnical and Aerospace Engineering academic advisors teach the course. This enables students to build a strong relationship with advising staff from the very outset of their undergraduate career.
What content is covered in ENGR 1100.01?
Topics covered in ENGR 1100.01 include, but are not limited to: utilizing advising services, overview of campus resources, the major admission process, academic and career exploration, and learning about common university policies and procedures. Student resources may also be found here.
What are the learning outcomes of ENGR 1100.01?
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and utilize the resources available to help students successfully transition to college and campus life.
- Understand MAE curricula and the major admission process.
- Know important dates, deadlines, and policies at OSU and their program of enrollment; conduct business related to these items.
- Become familiarized with various co-curricular opportunities.
- Establish a relationship with at least one MAE academic advisor.