The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering has four full-time undergraduate academic advisors dedicated to assisting students. Students are encouraged to meet often with Rosie, Anna, or Matt to discuss their academic progress and any questions or concerns they may have.
Undergraduate Program Coordinator
N250F Scott Laboratory
Anna Hoza Corlew
Undergraduate Academic Advisor
N250B Scott Laboratory
Undergraduate Academic Advisor & Staff Assistant
N250D Scott Laboratory
One of the primary modes of communication between advisors and students is email! When contacting us by email, we request that you send us email from your OSU email account so that we can verify you as the sender (because nobody else should have access to your OSU email account). We will not discuss student information or process requests from outside email accounts. Please allow up to 48 hours for a response.
Advisor / Student Responsibilities
Academic advising is a partnership between the student and the advisor, and both have responsibilities in this partnership. Advisor responsibilities include:
- providing current and accurate information about academic majors and requirements;
- providing information on opportunities that help enhance your academic program;
- helping you plan a course of study and give advice about courses and course loads;
- referring you to other resources as appropriate;
- offering assistance if you have academic difficulties.
Student responsibilities are to:
- acquire the information needed to assume final responsibility for course scheduling, program planning, and meeting graduation requirements;
- seek academic and career information needed to meet educational goals;
- understand policies and rules of the university;
- be prepared with accurate information and materials when contacting their advisor;
- consult with their advisor at least once per semester.