- Professor, Mechanical & Aerospace Engr
201 W 19th Ave
E411 Scott Lab
Columbus, OH 43210
Research interests include:
- Computational Aeroacoustics (CAA) and Its Applications
- Methodology Development of CAA
- Acoustic Intensity-Based Methods for Far-Field Acoustic Predictions
- Wind Turbine Noise Predictions
- Development of CAA Tools for Noise Prediction and Reduction Technologies of Duct Acoustics and Aircraft Propulsion Systems
- A New Conceptual Design for Adaptive Noise Control with controllable Impedance Liners
- Fundamental Fluid Mechanics
- Fundamental Studies of Shear Layer Mixing and Mixing Control
- Global Instability of Separated Flows; Absolute and Convective Stability
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Its Applications
- Wind Turbine Blade Aerodynamics
- In-Cylinder Flow Simulations
- Catalytic Converters
Faculty Focus: https://mae.osu.edu/faculty-focus/zhuang
Distinguished Undergraduate Research Mentor of the Year Award. The Ohio State University.
Fulbright Scholar. The Technische Universität Berlin, Germany.
- C. Buske, C. Richter, F. Thiele, C. Yu and M. Zhuang, 2010, "Validation of a Zonal Approach Computing the Sound Radiation from Lined Ducts." AIAA Journal 48, no. 12, 2899 - 2908.
- C. Yu, Z. Zhou, M. Zhuang, X. Li and F. Thiele, 2009, "Effective Far-Field Acoustic Prediction Method and its Computational Aeroacoustics Applications." AIAA Journal 47, no. 2, 410 - 417.
- C. Yu, Z. Zhou and M. Zhuang, 2009, "Acoustic Intensity-Based Method for Sound Radiations in a Uniform Flow." J. Accoust. Soc. Am. 126, no. 5, 2198 - 2205.
- C. Yu, Z. Zhou and M. Zhuang, 2008, "An Acoustic Intensity-Based Method for Reconstruction of Radiated Fields." J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 123, no. 4, 1892 - 1901.
- C. Richter, F. Thiele, X. Li and M. Zhuang, 2007, "Comparison of Time-Domain Impedance Boundary Conditions for Lined Duct Flows." AIAA Journal 45, no. 6, 1333 - 1345.
- S. Zheng and M. Zhuang, 2006, "Time-Domain Acoustic Wave Solutions in Sheared Mean Flows." International Journal of Aeroacoustics 5, no. 3, 263 - 277.