You are here
- Home >
- People >
- Alok Sutradhar
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical & Aerospace Engr
201 W. 19th Ave
E307 Scott Lab
Columbus, OH 43210
Research interests include:
- Optimized Design, Design and synthesis of hierarchical structures, CAD/CAM
- Additive Manufacturing and 3D multi-material printing.
- Multi-material Mult-scale, Multi-physics topology optimization,
- Mesh-reduction methods (Boundary Element, Isogeometric Analysis) ,
- Biomedical Modeling and Design, Bio-inspired Methods, Virtual Reality
- Tissue Transplantation, Bioprinting, Guided Tissue Formation
- Zobaer, S.M.T.; Sutradhar, A., 2020, "An energy-based method for interface connectivity of incompatible microstructures through parametric modeling." Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering 370,
- Das, S.; Sutradhar, A., 2020, "Multi-physics topology optimization of functionally graded controllable porous structures: Application to heat dissipating problems." Materials and Design 193,
- Liu, YJ, Mukherjee, S, Nishimura, Schanz, M, Ye, W, Sutradhar, A, Pan, E, Dumont, NA, Frangi, A, Saez, 2012, "Recent Advances and Emerging Applications of the Boundary Element Method." Applied Mechanics Reviews 64, no. 031001, 38 - 38.
- Chan,Youn-Sha; Paulino,Glaucio,H; Feng,Bao-Feng; Sutradhar,Alok, 2010, "Dependence of crack tip singularity on loading functions." MECHANICS RESEARCH COMMUNICATIONS 37, no. 2, 191-197 - 191-197.
- A, Sutradhar, Miller MJ,, 2008, "A Patient-Specific 3D Biomechanical Model For Predicting Outcome Of Breast augmentation and reconstruction surgery." International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery 3, no. Suppl 1, S232-S315 - S232-S315.
- A, Sutradhar, MJ, Miller, 2008, "A Patient-Specific 3D Biomechanical Model For Predicting Outcome Of Breast reconstruction Using Computational Mechanics Based Simulations." Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 121, no. 6 Supplement, 79 - 79.
- Sutradhar, A; Paulino, GH, 2004, "Symmetric Galerkin boundary element computation of T-stress and stress intensity factors for mixed-mode cracks by the interaction integral method." ENGINEERING ANALYSIS WITH BOUNDARY ELEMENTS 28, no. 11, 1335-1350 - 1335-1350.
- Ahmad, S, Muqtadir, A, Morshed, ASMM, Sutradhar, A, 2003, "An economic design guideline for rectangular mat foundation with non-uniform thickness." Journal of Civil Engineering 31, 205-222 - 205-222.
- Sutradhar, A; Park, J; Miller MJ, "A New Approach for Optimized Design and Evaluation of Patient-specific Craniofacial Implants." The International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants (accepted)
- Sutradhar, A, Park, J, Carrau, D, Nguyen TM, Miller M, GH Paulino, "Computational modeling of craniofacial bone replacements.. Jul 2013. (accepted with revision).." Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing
- Sutradhar, A, Brandstetter, K, Bang H, Park, J, Miller, MJ, "Breast Asymmetry Evaluation using objective measures." Journal of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- "Biomedical Design of Segmental Bone Replacements for Craniofacial Reconstruction after Cancer Removal." 2011, Presented at ASME 2011 Applied Mechanics and Materials Conference,
- "Role of Topology Optimization in Reconstructive Surgery." 2012, Presented at 3rd UBM South Regional Conference,
- "Bridging Educational Industrial Applications - Short Course on BEM Method." 2012, Presented at NSF Workshop on the BEM: Bridging Education and Industrial Applications,
- "Optimal Engineering Design of Bone Replacement Shapes for Midface Reconstruction." 2014, Presented at 7th Annual T2C Translational to Clinic Regenerative Medicine Wound Care Conference,
- "Multiscale Modeling to Design and Predict Successful Reconstructive Microsurgical Flap Transfer." 2013, Presented at ASME 2013 2nd Global Congress on NanoEngineering for Medicine and Biology (NEMB2013),
- "Role of Topology Optimization in Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering." 2013, Presented at ASME 2nd Global Congress on Nanoengineering for Medicine & Biology,
- "Three dimensional transient heat conduction in functionally graded materials." 2002, Presented at International Association for Boundary Element Methods IABEM 2002,
- "Heat transfer problems in functionally graded materials using boundary element method." 2003, Presented at SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering (CSE03),
- "Symmetric Galerkin boundary element computation of heat conduction in functionally graded materials." 2004, Presented at International Association for Boundary Element Methods (IABEM),
- "From building structures to craniofacial structures: a topology optimization approach." 2011, Presented at Seminar Series: Department of Civil Engineering, University of Pittsburg,
- "Numerical Simulations to predict breast shape in Breast reconstruction surgery." 2007, Presented at 9th US National Congress on Computational Mechanics,
- "Computer Simulations for predicting outcome of breast augmentation and reconstruction surgery." 2008, Presented at Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgeons Meeting,
- "Feasibility of Computer Modeling of Breast Reconstruction and Augmentation Surgery." 2009, Presented at 10th US National Congress on Computational Mechanics,
- "Topological Optimization in craniofacial reconstruction." 2009, Presented at 10th US National Congress on Computational Mechanics,
- "Design of Segmental Bone Replacements." 2010, Presented at 2nd Annual Ruberg Symposium,
- "Computational Modeling of Oxygen Transport in Reconstructive Microsurgery." 2010, Presented at ASME 2010 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition,
- ""Biomedical Design of Segmental Bone Replacements for Craniofacial Reconstruction: A topology optimization approach." 2011, Presented at Seminar in Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering, Penn State University,
- "Computational Surgery." 2012, Presented at 4th Annual Ruberg Symposium,
- "A simple boundary element method for crack problems in functionally graded media." 2005, Presented at US-Africa Workshop in Mechanics and Materials 2005,
- "Physics-Based 3D Computer Modeling of Breast Surface Contour." 2006, Presented at Breast Cancer Clinical Research Meeting,
- "Computer Simulation for predicting clinical outcome of Breast Cancer Surgery." 2006, Presented at Pan-American Advanced Studies Institute (PASI) on Nano and Biotechnology,
- "Biomedical Design of Segmental Bone Replacements for Craniofacial Reconstruction." 2011, Presented at 11th US National Congress on Computational Mechanics,
- "Topology optimization for designing patient-specific macroscopic craniofacial implant and current efforts in microstructure design." 2014, Presented at Multiscale Methods and Validation in Medicine and Biology (MMVMB) II: Biomechanics and Mechanobiology,
- "Magnetic Resonance Angiography of Abdominal Subcutaneous Vasculature with Intrinsic Contrasts: A Feasibility Study." 2011, Presented at Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) 2011,
- "A New Approach to Reconstructive Surgery: Design and 3D Printing of Musculoskeletal Implants." 2014, Presented at OSU 7th Annual T2C Translational to Clinic (T2C) Regenerative Medicine Wound Care Conference,
- Dean, HD, Elahinia, M, Haberland, C, Miller M, Sutradhar, A,. "Additive manufacturing of implants and implant components with tissue-matched material properites for regenerative medicine."