Examples of Research Programs
- Nanotribology: Friction, Wear and Lubrication at the Atomic Scale
- Nanotribology, Nanomechanics and Nanomaterials Characterization
- Nanotribology, Nanomechanics and Materials Characterization Studies and Applications to Bio/nanotechnology and Biomimetics
AFM-Based Data Recording
- Nanotribology and Nanomechanics of AFM Probe-Based Data Recording Technology
- AFM Probe-Based Data Recording Technology
Aging in Li-Ion Batteries
- Bio-Inspired Water Harvesting, Purification, and Oil-Water Separation
- Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology, Second Edition
- Biomimetics: Bioinspired Hierarchical-Structured Surfaces for Green Science and Technology, Second Edition
- NanoScience and Technology Series
- Applied Scanning Probe Methods Series
- Advances in Information Storage Systems
- Biosystems - Investigated by Scanning Probe Microscopy
- Green Tribology
- Biophysics of Human Hair
- Biophysics of Skin and Its Treatments
- Handbook of Micro/Nanotribology, 2nd Ed.
- Handbook of Tribology: Materials, Coatings, and Surface Treatments, Reprint
- Multiscale Dissipative Mechanisms and Hierarchical Surfaces
- Mechanics and Reliability of Flexible Magnetic Media, 2nd Ed.
- Modern Tribology Handbook
- Handbook of Nanomaterials Properties
- Springer Materials
- Global Perspectives of Nanoscience and Engineering Education
- Handbook of Nanotechnology, 4th Ed.
- Nanotribology and Nanomechanics, 4th Ed.
- NATO Science Series: Fundamentals of Tribology and Bridging the Gap between Macro- and Micro/Nanoscales
- NATO Science Series: Micro/Nanotribology and its Applications
- Scanning Probe Microscopy in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Vol. 1
- Scanning Probe Microscopy in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Vol. 2
- Scanning Probe Microscopy in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Vol. 3
- Tribology and Mechanics of Magnetic Storage Devices, 2nd Ed.
- Introduction to Tribology, 2nd Ed.
- Principles and Applications of Tribology, 2nd Ed.
- Tribology Issues and Opportunities in MEMS
Special Journal Issues and Proceedings:
- Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A Special Double Issue on Nanotribology, Nanomechanics, and Applications to Nanotechnology
- Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A Special Double Issue on Biomimetics
- Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A Special Issue on Green Tribology
- Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A Special Issue on Biosensors: surface structures and materials
- Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A Special Issue on Bioinspired Hierarchically Structured Surfaces for Green Science
Co-Editor in Chief:
- Micro/Nanoscale Differential Wear and Corrosion of Multiphase Materials, William W. Scott, June 2001
- Contact Mechanics of MultiLayered Rough Surfaces in Tribology, Wei Peng, September 2001
- Micro/Nanoscale Tribology and Mechanics of Components and coatings for MEMS, Sriram Sundararajan, November 2001
- Nanometer Scale Electrical Characterization of Thin Dielectric Films, David T. Lee, May 2002
- Micro/Nanoscale Tribology of Linear Tape Drives, Anton V. Goldade, September 2003
- Nanotribological Investigations of Materials, Coatings, and Lubricants for Nanotechnology Applications at High Sliding Velocities, Nikhil S. Tambe, March 2005
- 3D Numerical Modeling of Dry/Wet Contact Mechanics for Rough, Multilayered Elastic–Plastic Solid Surfaces and Effects of Hydrophilicity/Hydrophobicity During Separation with Applications, Shaobiao Cai, February 2008
- Natural and Biomimetic Artificial Surfaces for Superhydrophobicity, Self-Cleaning, Low Adhesion, and Drag Reduction, Yong Chae Jung, November 2009
- Study of Nanobubble and Substrate Interaction and Measurement of Slip Length at Solid Liquid Interfaces, Yuliang Wang, December 2009
- Nanotribological Properties of Skin, Wei Tang, 2010
- Nanoscale and Macroscale Characterization of the Dielectric Charging Phenomenon and Stiction Mechanisms for Electrostatic MEMS/NEMS Reliability, Usama Zaghloul Heiba, September 2011
- Multi-scale Characterization Studies of Aged Li-ion Battery Materials for Improved Performance, Shrikant Nagpure, December 2011
- Bioinspired Surface for Low Drag, Self-Cleaning, and Antifouling: Shark Skin, Butterfly and Rice Leaf Effects, Gregory Bixler, December 2013
- Study of the Relation Between Electric Field and the Drag of Liquid Flow on a Solid Surface in Micro/Nanoscale, Pan Yunlu, June 2014
- Friction, Wear and Mechanical Behavior of Nano-Objects on the Nanoscale, Dave Maharaj, December, 2014
- Study on the Effect of Surface Charge at Solid-Liquid Interface on the Fluid Drag on Micro/Nano Scale, Dalei Jing, December, 2014.
- Preparation of Superhydrophobic/Superamphiphobic surfaces and the Investigation of Their Properties, Shan Peng, October, 2015.
- Superhydrophobic, Biomimetic Surfaces with High and Low Adhesion, Optical Transmittance, and Nanoscale Mechanical Wear Resistance, Daniel Ebert, September, 2016.
- Mechanism Study on Tactile Perception Evoked by Skin Friction, Si Chen 2016
- Study on the Tactile Perception on Material Properties During Reciprocating Sliding and Tactile Signal Acquisition, Shuyang Ding 2018 (Full Dissertation)
- Study on Boundary Slip at the Solid-Liquid Interface of the Rough Surfaces Immersed in Liquids with Low Surface Tension, Yifan Li, Oct. 2018. (Full Dissertation).
- Surface Modification of Silicon and PDMS Surfaces with Vapor Phase Deposited Ultrathin Fluoropolymer and Fluorosilane Films for Biomedical Micro/Nanoelectromechanical System Applications, Kang Kug Lee, March 2005
- Surface Characterization, Adhesion and Friction Properties of Hydrophobic Leaf Surfaces and NanoPatterned Polymers for Superhydrophobic Surfaces, Zachary Burton, June 2005
- Nanotribological characterization of Human Hair and Skin Using Atomic Force Microscopy, Carmen LaTorre, June 2005
- Magnetic and Tribological Evaluation of Advanced Metal Evaporated Tapes in an Advanced Linear Tape Drive, Anthony D. Alfano, March 2006
- Effects of Operating Parameters on Lateral Tape Motion for Magnetic Tape in an Advanced Linear Tape Drive, Andrew Wright, May 2006
- Effect of Magnetic Tape Thickness on Durability and Lateral Tape Motion Measurement and Modeling in a Linear Tape Drive, Thomas Hayes IV, August 2006
- Wetting Behavior and Surface Potential Characteristics of Human Hair, Richard A. Lodge, November 2006
- Adhesion, Friction, and Wear on Nanoscale of MWNT Probes and CNT Arrays, Barbara Galasso, September 2007
- New Delay-Integration Method for Measurement of Lateral Tape Motion and Study of Tape Performance under High Speed Conditions, Derek Petrek, November 2007
- In-Situ Tensile Deformation and Surface Charging Characterization of Human Hair with Atomic Force Microscopy, Indira P. Seshadri, April 2008
- Nanoscale Interface Studies of a Microprojector and Water Fern, James N. Hunt, May 2011
- The Effect of Shark Skin Inspired Riblet Geometries on Drag in Rectangular Duct Flow, Brian D. Dean, July 2011
- Nanoscale Adhesion, Friction and Wear of Proteins on Polystyrene, Jason Utter, September 2012
- Nanoscale Characterization of Aged Li-Ion Battery Cathodes, Sanjay Ramdon, August 2013