- Mission, Objectives and Outcomes
- Undergraduate Advising
- Forms and Handbooks
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Minors and Honors
- Internships and Co-ops
- Study Abroad
- Professional Licensure and FE Exam
- Preparing for Graduate or Professional School
- MAE Undergraduate Tutoring
- Recognition, Honors, and Awards
You are here
Application to AAE Major
Admission to the Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering major is by application only and is in accordance with the College of Engineering enrollment management plan approved by the University Council on Academic Affairs.
In order to apply to the major you must have:
- at least a Cumulative Point Hour Ratio (CPHR) (i.e. overall GPA) of 2.0
- at least a Eligibility Point Hour Ratio (EPHR) (i.e. “eligibility” GPA) of 2.0. This includes EPHR courses taken at a previous institution.
- also completed or be in progress of completing the EPHR courses below.
EPHR Courses Autumn 2016 (applying to be admitted Spring 2017):
- CHEM 1250 or 1215 (autumn 12 only), or 1210* and 1220
- PHYSICS 1250 and 1251
- ENGR 1181.0x and 1182.0x or 1281.0x and 1282.0x or 1186, 1187, and 1188
- MATH 1172 (1152) , 2173 (2153), or 1161.0x, 2162.0x
- MECHENG 2040
- AEROENG 2200
- ENGLISH 1110.0X (C- or above). This grade is not part of your EPHR.
*If you started your studies at OSU summer or autumn semester 2012 and took CHEM 1210 autumn semester 2012, you do not have to take CHEM 1220. If you take CHEM 1210 spring semester 2013 onwards, you must either take CHEM 1250 or 1220. No exceptions.
EPHR Courses Spring 2017 (applying to be admitted Autumn 2017) and beyond:
CHEM 1250 or CHEM 1220
PHYSICS 1250 and 1251
ENGR 1181.0x and 1182.0x or 1281.0x and 1282.0x or 1186, 1187, and 1188
MATH 1172 (1152) , 2173 (2153), or 1161.0x, 2162.0x
ENGLISH 1110.0x (C- or above). This grade is not part of your EPHR.
Effective Spring 2014: If an EPHR course is repeated, the most recent grade is taken.
You can view your current EPHR by running a degree audit from Buckeyelink or by entering your grades into our EPHR Calculator.
*If you are a transfer student or have any post-secondary credit, please see an advisor for help calculating your EPHR.
Applications are due by the third Friday of the semester that you are applying.
Applications are only accepted during the Autumn semester.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The admission cycle is held once a year. The number of places awarded per cycle is based on several factors which include the strength of the applicant pool and department resources. Admission to the major is currently competitive and based on the Eligibility Point Hour Ratio (EPHR).
Decision on Notification and Class Scheduling
Students who have a completed EPHR of at least 3.2 at the time of application will be automatically admitted to the AAE major. Major admission decisions will be sent to you via email after all final grades for EPHR courses have been posted at the end of the semester.
Admitted students will not be able to add AEROENG 2405 until after the admit deicision is made.