- Undergraduate Advising
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering Program
- Mechanical Engineering Program
- Transfer Credit
- Minors and Honors
- Forms and Handbooks
- Recognition, Honors, and Awards
You are here
- Home >
- Undergraduate >
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering Program >
- Application to AAE Major
Application to AAE Major
Admission to the Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering major is by application only and is in accordance with the College of Engineering enrollment management plan approved by the University Council on Academic Affairs.
In order to apply to the major you must have:
- at least a Cumulative Point Hour Ratio (CPHR) (i.e. overall GPA) of 2.0
- at least a Eligibility Point Hour Ratio (EPHR) (i.e. “eligibility” GPA) of 2.0. This includes EPHR courses taken at a previous institution.
- also completed or be in progress of completing the EPHR courses below.
EPHR (formerly SPHR) Under Quarters
- CHEM 121
- PHYSICS 131 and 132
- ENGR 181.0x and 183.0x or 191.0x and 193.0x or 185, 186, and 187
- MATH 114 (spring 13 only), 151.0x, 152.0X , 153.0x or 154 (spring 13 only), or 161.0x, 162.0x
- MATH 254 or 263
- MECHENG 410 or H210
- ENGLISH 110.0x (C- or above). This grade is not part of your EPHR.
EPHR Under Semesters:
- CHEM 1250 or 1215 (autumn 12 only), or 1210* and 1220
- PHYSICS 1250 and 1251
- ENGR 1181.0x and 1182.0x or 1281.0x and 1282.0x or 1186, 1187, and 1188
- MATH 1114 (summer and autumn 12 only), 1151, 1172 (1152) , 2173 (2153), or 1161.0x, 2162.0x
- MATH 1151, 1544 (summer and autumn 12 only C- or above), and 2173
- MECHENG 2040
- ENGLISH 1110.0x (C- or above). This grade is not part of your EPHR.
If an EPHR course is repeated, the most recent grade is taken.
*If you started your studies at OSU summer or autumn semester 2012 and took CHEM 1210 autumn semester 2012, you do not have to take CHEM 1220. If you take CHEM 1210 spring semester 2013 onwards, you must either take CHEM 1250 or 1220. No exceptions.
You can view your current EPHR by running a degree audit from Buckeyelink or by entering your grades into our EPHR Calculator.
*If you are a transfer student or have any post-secondary credit, please see an advisor for help calculating your EPHR.
Application link will be available beginning Autumn semester 2015
Late applications will not be accepted.
The admission cycle is held once a year. The number of places awarded per cycle is based on several factors which include the strength of the applicant pool and department resources. Admission to the major is currently competitive and based on the Eligibility Point Hour Ratio (EPHR). The EPHR cutoff for the last program admission cycle was 2.7.
Decision on Notification and Class Scheduling
Students who have a completed EPHR of at least 3.0 at the time of application will be automatically admitted to the AAE major. Major admission decisions will be sent to you via email after all final grades for EPHR courses have been posted at the end of the semester.
Admitted students will not be able to add AEROENG 2405 until after the admit deicision is made.