Each of the department's programs have an external advisory board that meets twice a year to discuss important issues facing the department. Faculty are welcome to attend.
- Ahmet Selamet - Department Chair
- Debbie Schroeder - Director of Development
Mechanical Engineering External Advisory Board
- Daniel E. Kimmet [Chair], Retired - VP of Operations, Mobile Hydraulics/Aeroquip, Eaton Corporation, University of Pennsylvania
- Dr. Donald J. Campbell , Retired - Former Director, Glenn Research Center, NASA
- Dr. Kenneth R. Diller - Professor and Chair, Department of Biomedical Engineering, The University of Texas, Austin
- Dr. Lynn Faulkner - Chief Engineer, Engineering Division, VTX Technology
- Rich Granger - Equipment Development & Mechanical Systems, Battelle
- Pete Miller, Retired - VP Business Development , United Technologies/Allied Signal/Honeywell
- Dr. Donald Paul, Retired - Chief Scientist, Air Force Research Lab, AFRL/RB
- Rick Renwick - Chief Engineer, North American Diesel, Gas/Diesel Component Engineering, Ford Motor Company
- W. Scott Schaefer, Retired - Sr. Staff Engineer, Aircraft Group, MOOG Inc.
- Dr. Ed Ungar - President, Taratec Corp.
- Thomas Ward - President, Ward Engineering, Inc.
- S.V. Sreenivasan - Professor, Departments of Mechanical Engineering and Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Texas at Austin
- Basam Homsi - President & CEO, Autotool, Inc.
Nuclear Engineering External Advisory Board
- Ted Quinn [Chair] - ANS Past President, President, Technology Resources
- Dave Amerine, Retired - President, Nuclear Fuel Services
- Dr. Steven Arndt - Senior Technical Advisor, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Jeff Benjamin - Senior Vice President, Nuclear Power Plants
- Mr. David Doll, Retired - General Atomics
- Dr. H. Lee Dodds - IBM Professor and Head - Emeritus, Nuclear Engineering Department, University of Tennessee
- Jim Ellis - Director of Recovery, Perry Nuclear Power Plant
- Gregory C. Ficke
- Tom Foley - President/CEO, Altran Solutions
- Joel P. Gebbie - Site Vice President, Indiana Michigan Power Cook Nuclear Plant
- Bruce P. Hallbert - Director, Nuclear Safety and Regulatory Research, INL
- Dr. David E. Holcomb - Reactor and Nuclear Systems Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Theron Marshall - Senior Engineer, GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy
- Richard E. Miller - Engineering Manager - I&C (ESBWR), I&C and Electrical Engineering - ESBWR, GE-Hitachi Nuclear Energy (GEH)
- Michael W. Rencheck - President and CEO, AREVA, Inc.
- Clayton Scott - Chief Nuclear Officer, Invensys Operations Management
- Chuck Spencer - Chief Operating Officer, Babcock & Wilcox Technical Services Group, Inc.
- Dr. James Stubbins - Chair, Department of Nuclear Engineering, University of Illinois
- Andy Szaniszlo - Director, Nuclear Sales, Invensys Operations Management
- Paul Tobin - Executive Vice President, Nuclear Engineering Services, Rolls Royce
- Mr. Steve Chenglis - Executive Director, Nuclear Member & Technical Services, Electric Power Research Institute
- Dr. Richard S. Denning - Professor of Nuclear Engineering (retired), The Ohio State University
- Mr. Thomas Fink - General Manager, Nuclear Safety Division, SCHOTT AG, BU Electronic Packaging
- Ronald M. Gilgenbach, Ph. D. - Chair and Chihiro Kikuchi Collegiate Professor, Nuclear Engineering and Radiological Sciences Dept., University of Michigan
- Farzad Rahnema, Ph.D - Georgia Power Company Distinguished Professor and Chair, Nuclear & Radiological Engineering and Medical Physics Programs, George W. Woodruff School, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Mike Thompson - Chief Nuclear Officer, Fluke Biomedical
Martin Parece - Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, N.A. AREVA, Inc.
The Nuclear Engineering Advisory Board also includes the following member of the Ohio State Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering: Tunc Aldemir, Associate Chair
Aerospace Engineering External Advisory Board
- Doug Ball [Chair] - Chief Engineer, AeroDynamics and Commercial Airplanes , The Boeing Company
- Lisa McCauley - Vice President and General Manager for National Security Global Operations, Battelle
- Phil Combs, Retired - President, Belcan Corp.
- Dr. Richard B. Rivir - ST, Chief Scientist, Propulsion Directorate, Air Force Research Labortory, AFRL/RZ
- Michael Heil - President and Chief Executive Officer, Ohio Aerospace Insititute
- Jim Hileman - Chief Scientific and Technical Advisor for Environment, Office of Environment and Energy, Federal Aviation Admin.
- Robert Bianco, PhD - FASM Chief Engineer of the Materials and Simulation Technical Center, UTC Aerospace Systems
- Ken Davidian - Director of Research of Commercial Space Transportation, FAA
- Abdollah Khodadoust - Head, Aerodynamics and Research Technology, Boeing Research and Technology
- Marty Ingham - Senior Manager of Aero Stability and Control,The Boeing Company
- Dr. Ravinder Chona - Director of Structural Sciences Center, AFRL/RQ
- Tim Stone - Section Manager of Thermal Systems Design, GE Aviation
- Tom Shih - Professor and Head of the School of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Purdue University
- Larry D. Knauer - President, Hyperbaric Steam Sterling Engine Inc.