Each of the department's programs have an external advisory board that meets twice a year to discuss important issues facing the department. Faculty are welcome to attend.
Each of the Advisory Boards also include the following members of Ohio State's Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering:
Ahmet Selamet, Chair
Debbie Schroeder, Director of Development
Mechanical Engineering External Advisory Board
- Daniel E. Kimmet [Chair], Retired - VP of Operations, Mobile Hydraulics/Aeroquip, Eaton Corporation, University of Pennsylvania
- Bobbi Alkire Noe, Assistant Director, Industry Liaison Office, The Ohio State University
- Dan Bradley, President, SKF Reliability Systems, SKF Condition Monitoring, Inc.
- Dr. Donald J. Campbell , Retired-Former Director, Glenn Research Center, NASA
- Dr. Kenneth R. Diller, Professor and Chair, Department of Biomedical Engineering, The University of Texas, Austin
- Dr. Lynn Faulkner, Retired - Project Manager, Equipment Development & Mechanical Systems, Battelle Columbus Division
- Rich Granger, Equipment Development & Mechanical Systems, Battelle
- Frank Leyshon, General Manager, Leyshon Miller Industries
- Pete Miller, VP Business Development - Retired, United Technologies/Allied Signal/Honeywell
- Dr. Donald (Don) Paul, Retired-Chief Scientist, Air Force Research Lab, AFRL/RB
- Rick Renwick, Chief Engineer, North American Diesel, Gas/Diesel Component Engineering, Ford Motor Company
- W. Scott Schaefer, Sr. Staff Engineer, Aircraft Group, MOOG Inc.
- John L. Smucker, Retired Chairman of the Board, Aeroflex Inc., MCE Technologies Inc.
- Steven B. Swartzmiller, Retired - Global R&D Director, Dow Wolff Cellulosics-Retired, Dow Chemical
- Dr. Ed Ungar, President, Taratec Corp.
- Thomas Ward, President, Ward Engineering, Inc.
Nuclear Engineering External Advisory Board
- Ted Quinn [Chair], ANS Past President, President, Technology Resources
- Dave Amerine, Retired, President, Nuclear Fuel Services
- Dr. Steven Arndt, Senior Technical Advisor, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Jeff Benjamin, Senior Vice President, Nuclear Power Plants
- Mr. David Doll, Retired, General Atomics
- Dr. H. Lee Dodds, IBM Professor and Head - Emeritus, Nuclear Engineering Department, University of Tennessee
- Jim Ellis, Director of Recovery, Perry Nuclear Power Plant
- Gregory C. Ficke
- Tom Foley, President/CEO, Altran Solutions
- Joel P. Gebbie, Site Vice President, Indiana Michigan Power Cook Nuclear Plant
- Joe Hale, Director of Sales & Marketing, SCHOTT Electronic Packaging
- Bruce P. Hallbert, Director, Nuclear Safety and Regulatory Research, INL
- Dr. David E. Holcomb, Reactor and Nuclear Systems Division,Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Theron Marshall, Senior Engineer, GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy
- Richard E. Miller (Rich), Engineering Manager - I&C (ESBWR).I&C and Electrical Engineering - ESBWR, GE-Hitachi Nuclear Energy (GEH)
- Michael W. Rencheck, President and CEO, AREVA, Inc.
- Clayton Scott, Chief Nuclear Officer, Invensys Operations Management
- Chuck Spencer, Chief Operating Officer, Babcock & Wilcox Technical Services Group, Inc.
- Dr. James Stubbins, Chair, Department of Nuclear Engineering, University of Illinois
- Andy Szaniszlo,Director, Nuclear Sales, Invensys Operations Management
- Paul Tobin, Executive Vice President, Nuclear Engineering Services, Rolls Royce
- The Nuclear Engineering Advisory Board also includes the following member of the Ohio State Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering: Tunc Aldemir, Associate Chair
Aerospace Engineering External Advisory Board
- Doug Ball [Chair], Chief Engineer, AeroDynamics and Commercial Airplanes , The Boeing Company
- Lisa McCauley, Vice President and Genaeral Manager for National Security Global Operations, Battelle
- Phil Combs, Retired, President, Belcan Corp.
- Dr. Richard B. Rivir, ST, Chief Scientist, Propulsion Directorate, Air Force Research Labortory, AFRL/RZ
- Michael Heil, President and Chief Executive Officer, Ohio Aerospace Insititute
- Jim Hileman, Chief Scientific and Technical Advisor for Environment, Office of Environment and Energy, Federal Aviation Admin.
- Robert Blanco, PhD, FASM - Chief Engineer of the Materials and Simulation Technical Center, UTC Aerospace Systems
- Ken Davidian, Director of Research of Commercial Space Transportation, FAA
- Abdollah Khodadoust, Head, Aerodynamics and Research Technology, Boeing Research and Technology
- Marty Ingham, Senior Manager of Aero Stability and Control,The Boeing Company
- Dr. Ravinder Chona, Director of Structural Sciences Center, AFRL/RQ
- Tim Stone, Section Manager of Thermal Systems Design, GE Aviation
- Tom Shih, Professor and Head of the School of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Purdue University